Thursday 10 May 2012

I feel a little like Victor Meldrew today! I don't believe it! I wrote a post last week and saved it to draft as there were some facts I wanted to check. Today, I added the missing information and pressed publish expecting to see the words and photographs. WRONG! It's disappeared into the ether somewhere so I am having to start again.
I have had a busy crafting week with some deadlines to meet, the main project being the May Tags for the Chocolate Baroque Alphatag Swap and several  birthday cards for family and friends. I will post details of these later, but first want to share with you my tags from February.

C is for Cottage
The Cottage stamp is from the Chocolate Baroque set called.............. I stamped the cottage twice, once on the card I was using and the second time on a low tack mask. Using the mask to cover the cottage on the card, I blended the background using blue Memento and  Adirondack ink pads for the sky and several green Adirondack pads for the hills.The trees and shrubs were printed using stamps from the Teeny Tiny Meadow set from Chocolate Baroque. Using a water brush I pulled out colour from the stamp outline and added a little blue colour for the window frames and front door.  the card was then mounted on to gold card and then onto the brown tag.
                                       
 D for Doorway.
The doorway tag was made from beige card stock. I stamped the doorway twice, firstly on piece of beige card the second time on low tack paper to make a mask. I then blended the skyline and hillside using the stamps as detailed for the cottage, adding the little trees from the Teeny Tiny Meadow set.Covering this up with the archway mask, I stamped the tag with the stone fragment stamp from the Chocolate Baroque Echoes of Italy set. This gives a stone wall effect. I cut across the top and bottom of doorway of the first arch, and then down the middle, scoring the sides and folding back a little way. I then attached the archway over the garden scene and finished off the tag with some wisteria from the Chocolate Baroque Wisteria Lane stamp and a butterfly that had been in my stash for years. Thanks for stopping by to take a look and happy crafting.


No comments:

Post a Comment