Wow! I can't believe that I have received an e-mail from the Chocolate Baroque Design Team with the news that I have won a stamp in their random draw. How lucky is that?
I am working on some new projects at the moment so until I can show you the outcome I will leave you with the picture of a recent card I made, again with a Chocolate Baroque stamp (floral spray).
This is my first attempt at colouring with Copic Markers. The centres of the flowers have been enhanced with glossy accents.
Saturday, 16 June 2012
Once again I needed a card urgently, this time for a friend who is ill. I sorted through my box of off cuts and with the help of one of the Eastern Grasses stamps from chocolate Baroque this is the end result. A very simple stamped image in Versamark onyx green, clear embossed before matting on to a toning background card and then adhered to the white main card with foam pads. Both pieces of card stock used are textured. Sorry I can't remember the make, but as I said in the beginning, they were all old off cuts. The finishing touches were 3 green pearls and a sentiment stamped and then punched using two punches from Stampin' Up.
Friday, 8 June 2012
SHABBY CHIC BOX
Whilst trawling through You Tube videos recently, looking for some Tim Holtz demos I came across some shabby chic doily flowers created by Juliana from Iluvvintagescrap.com and decided to see if I could re create them as I love shabby chic. I thought they were quite successful so then went on to alter a plain card fibre box on which to mount them. Firstly I primed the box and lid with white gesso, then covered them in 2 coats of white acrylic paint. I then covered the inside of the lid and the inside bottom of the box with a piece of peach coloured script paper acquired years ago from a magazine give away. The edges of the lid were then sanded to give a vintage look.
The flowers were made with the Tim Holtz tattered florals die and a good quality printed paper. A double sided paper would be good for this although not entirely necessary After cutting the flowers I punched the edges of the larger flower with a Martha Stewart lace punch, then I spritzed them with water and crumpled them in my hand. After opening them out I set them with a heat gun. This makes the paper stiffer and enables the flowers to keep their shape.
I then Layered the flowers together with Tombow glue in graduated sizes, using several layers of each size from the largest down to the smallest near the centre and alternating the gaps between the petals. To make the centre, I found I had a few pearl buttons in my button tin and also some sparkly flowers in my stash as well as some paper roses which I attached with silicone glue to raise them up slightly and also to take account of the shank on the back of the pearl button.
To decorate the box, I glued a length of white rose lace around the edge. I tied a bow in peach ribbon and attached it diagonally across the box lid and then added one large and one small flower on each side. A further addition of two silk open work daisies was made. The plastic words love and forever were glued to the diagonal spaces top right and bottom left and the final addition was a paper dove resting on the larger flower.
This is a new venture for me and I hope you like it. Thanks for stopping by.