Saturday 25 July 2015

French Country

Hi there,
 It's been a long time I know, but here is a quick view of one of the many projects I have been working on recently. 
I have made a small journal for a friend who is shortly going on a weeks holiday in rural France. I don't know if she is a regular diarist or travel journaler but as a retired teacher, I thought that she might like this as a memento of her holiday and a place in which to keep any ephemera collected during her trip.



I constructed the cover from Craft card reinforced on the spine with Tyvek before covering it with paper from the Graphic 45 French Country paper collection and sealing it with Ranger multi matte gel medium. The showy feathers of the cockerel were picked out in Stickles. I used aqua, green and candy cane.
Inside the front and back cover, there is a pocket and the body of this single signature journal is made from tea and coffee dyed papers, brown paper bags, Glassine bags and doilies. Some of the pages have been edged with a Martha Stewart lacy edge punch, some pages have stamped images  and some have been made into pockets. Several of the pockets and bags contain cream tags edged with walnut stain distress ink. I have used a small amount of Washi tape here and there. The stamps I used were the ones from Hampton Art to match the paper collection.





I really enjoyed making it and hope my friend enjoys using as much.


No comments:

Post a Comment