Friday 29 November 2013

It was my friend's birthday recently, and I decided I wanted to make a special present for her. Her hobby is watercolour painting, and I remembered seeing a blog post from Elaine (Craftshedgirl.blogspot.co.uk) ) one of the Chocolate Baroque design team detailing a very simple water colour palette for Peerless Paints. This was accompanied by a link to a video, by Jane Davenport on Youtube whose  original idea it was.

I checked it out for myself, but decided to elaborate on the scheme somewhat, and the pictures below show the finished palette. I should confess however, that it took me several abortive attempts to make the basic folder, before I got it right.

The Peerless paints. as far as I am aware, can only be purchased from the USA, but buyers beware, the postage and insurance is very expensive and because of the wording on the customs form, I got stung with a hefty customs bill, so all in all it was not an economical purchase. That said, they will last me for a very long time.

I decorated the folder with a  paper line that had been in my stash for ages, embellishing the front fussy cut flowers with stickles and the spine with wide chocolate brown lace. The title was printed on an oval Nestabilities die cut with the edges inked with Vintage photo distress ink

I added a medium tipped water brush before giving my gift and my friend was really pleased with the whole idea.

 All that remains is for me to make another palette for myself, when I have the time.





No comments:

Post a Comment