Sunday 3 November 2013

Hello again!

Well hello again,

I know it's been a long time since I posted to my blog, but I have been out of action since returning from France on the 9th of July.
I underwent cataract surgery on my right eye on the 11th of July followed by similar surgery to my left eye 6 weeks later on the 22nd of August. Obviously my eyesight during this period was somewhat compromised and it is only of late that I have begun proper crafting again. I now don't need glasses for normal everyday living but I do need them for reading. So far I have purchased a cheap pair of readers from the local supermarket, but intend to visit the optician soon for an eye test as I have astigmatism which needs a little correction.

Since beginning to craft again, I have made a nautical themed card for a male friend using the Hobby Art Scene-it stamps coloured with Tombow pens used as watercolours on 300 gsm Daler Rowney watercolour card. I do admit to being pleased with the result, especially as I no way consider myself an artist.



My friend was delighted with his card and says he likes it so much, he is going to frame it.
I have done one or two other projects, but will leave those until another time.
Until then, keep on crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment