Thursday 20 June 2013

My First Mini Album

For a very long time I have been fascinated by Mini Albums, and have wanted to make one of my own, however I was very nervous about beginning as I felt there was great potential for making a lot of mistakes, which could turn out to be rather expensive, given the cost of cardstock and embellishments. Nevertheless, begin I did, and I have to admit to being very pleased with the outcome. I find these albums so tactile and can't stop stroking mine, turning the pages and generally fiddling with the charms etc.

Front Cover


The base of the album was 6" x 6" chipboard and I used 2" O rings as a binding  not being sure of being able to cope with some of the more sophisticated methods.
In my stash I had an 8" x 8" paper stack called Parisian Nights and being a complete Fracophile I decided that this would be perfect. It was an impulse purchase many years ago and had been languishing in my stash ever since as I couldn't really decide what to do with it. Over the years I had also been collecting  vintage French ephemera so had everything around me that I needed.
The Eiffel Tower die was from Tim Holz, the flowers were  from Prima and the lace from my stash (made up of several e-bay purchases) The large flower I  hand crafted from eyelet and other laces. I used a ribbon closure as this seemed the simplest method for a first attempt. 

Page 1


Page 3

Page 5


Page 8

Page 11

Page 13

These are pictures of some of the inside pages.
As a prototype,  I am pleased with it, however, I did make several  mistakes but thankfully was able to cover them up using strategically place trims and embellishments.
There are plenty of photo mats, and journalling tags so I am looking forward to finding some appropriate photographs to fill it. Probably those from our 30th wedding anniversary trip to Paris 15 years ago!
I really enjoyed making this album and can't wait to get started on my next.
Thanks for dropping by and happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised you keep stroking this one - gorgeous colours & textures & your 30th wedding anniversary Paris trip does indeed sound very apt for it.
    All the little trims are delightful & I love your eyelet lace with the feather on the front.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Paula, you are so kind.

    ReplyDelete