Saturday 10 January 2015

Happy New Year!

Here is my first post of 2015 and it is of the album that my daughter asked me to make for her husband's Christmas present. This album is for holding keepsakes of their various skiing holidays. I made the skeleton of the album following a tutorial by Clare Charvill of mycreativespirit.blogspot.co.uk and added Pion Design papers called Wintertime in Swedish Lapland. These double sided papers have beautiful vintage images alongside typically Scandinavian designs and snowflakes. I felt they were very suitable for the snow and skiing theme.
The basic cover before embellishing.

Page 1


Fold out page with hidden pockets.



Small envelope pocket.


Vertical fold out page closed with a magnet.


I won't bore you with more photographs, but you get the  general idea? I really enjoyed making it and the recipient seemed very pleased with his gift.

The finished article.


I hope you enjoyed your visit here. See you again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Gill what a beautiful album did you make for your son in law!!! He will surely like it very much, its just gorgious , every aspect of it!!! Thanks for seeing my work at the CB blog!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete