Friday 23 January 2015

Hello again,
 Here is my second post of 2015 and it is of two postcards I made for the Chocolate Baroque postcard swap. The theme I chose from those offered was caramel ( not having any stamps suitable out of the large number I own for the alternative). I really had to think hard about this as I was somewhat out of my comfort zone, however, these are what I came up with.



The one on the left was stamped on to shiny card using vintage sepia Versafine ink coloured with distress inks in tea dye and vintage photo and mounted on to a buff background. The corners were cut from craft card using a Sizzix die. The second card was cut from craft card onto which I sewed a piece of calico that I had dyed with tea. The image was a Chocolate Baroque stamp the name of which escapes me but it resembles a mediaeval plate.The "lace" edging was cut from craft card using a Sizzix die and the circles were stamped using a bottle top and tea dye ink. The word caramel was stamped using buttermilk paper and a tiny alphabet stamp from my stash. Hopefully they will be acceptable, but hey, according to one famous crafter "there can be no mistakes in art."
See you again soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment